Relocating to a new country is a bit more complicated than moving them within the country, however you can do it with the right planning. Following are the best ways to relocate your companies or household items abroad:
- The most common and cost-efficient way to relocate your belongings to a new country is by shipping them via sea freight. International movers in Dubai will arrange to send a container to the next destination.
Most international moving companies offer door-to-door and door-to-port service, where an agent helps manage the move to ensure that your container is forwarded onto the correct carrier.
- Another common way to relocate your stuff to a new country is by air freight. Shipping belongings via air is much more expensive than shipping them via sea freight. An airplane can only hold so much cargo. Air freight is considerably faster than sea freight, so those opting for this method will receive their belongings much more quickly. If you’re moving abroad on a tight timeline, we recommend considering this option.
But remember to follow the below written tips while relocating to new company:
- If you want to move your vehicle with you to the new country then make sure you’re allowed to drive the car in the new country first. Cars are typically transported via sea or air freight. If you do decide to bring your car, it’s good to reach out to an international auto transport company that specializes in shipping vehicles.
- Before spending so much money in relocating your belongings overseas, first consider renting items in the new country. If the move is only temporary, then it’s good to rent a furnished building for your company rather than paying to move all of your equipment overseas.
- If the move is long-term, then it might make sense to move some or all of your belongings abroad. The decision will likely come down to your needs, budget and rental options in the new office.
- Sometimes you have to rent a storage unit in the moving country. These storage facilities offer a safe, secure and convenient option for those in need of temporary or long-term storage.
- Since you’ll likely need a place to hold all your office stuff for a long period of time, it good to rent a storage unit that is climate-controlled. It should also be kept in a safe facility with plenty of surveillance and security measures.
If your possessions need to be kept away for a while, it is best to opt for the services of a storage company in Dubai.